Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Coatesville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in a steel center in Chester County, Pennsylvania, was opened in 1929 by the Maple Grove-Millwood congregation. John E. Kennel was the first superintendent. A store building, the third floor of the Fire Hall, and in 1930 the new building at 625 Walnut St. were used as meeting places, under the auspices of the Eastern Board of Missions and Charities of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. In 1940 Frank Stoltzfus became resident pastor, and in 1954 George B. Stoltzfus was pastor. A summer Bible school among the African Americans developed into the Newlinville mission station. The Coatesville membership in 1953 was 60, and the Sunday-school enrollment 80. In 2011 the membership was 28; the pastors were Leonard L. Groff and Mark C. Hickson.
Address: 625 Walnut Street, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 631. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2011. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/coatesville_mennonite_church_coatesville.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (2011). Coatesville Mennonite Church (Coatesville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/coatesville_mennonite_church_coatesville.