Conservative Mennonite Fellowship (Fairview, Michigan, USA)
The Conservative Mennonite Fellowship began in 1967 primarily of persons who withdrew from the Fairview Mennonite Church over issues of doctrine and nonconformity. Initially they met in homes and the township hall until the present church building was constructed. Initially the new congregation had a close relationship with the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario, and Moses Baer served as the first bishop.
The congregation underwent it own division in 1977, with a portion of the congregation following pastor Floyd Yoder to form the Fairview Conservative Mennonite Church which became part of the somewhat stricter Nationwide Fellowship Churches. The Conservative Mennonite Fellowship remained unaffiliated until it joined the Midwest Mennonite Fellowship in the early 1990s.
"Conservative Mennonite Fellowship." Midwest Mennonite Focus 19, no. 6 (November-December 1998): 8-9.
Address: 1454 East Miller Road, Fairview, Michigan
Denominational Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite Fellowship
Conservative Mennonite Fellowship Pastors
Conservative Mennonite Fellowship Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Steiner, Sam. "Conservative Mennonite Fellowship (Fairview, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1998. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/conservative_mennonite_fellowship_fairview_michigan_usa.
APA style: Steiner, Sam. (August 1998). Conservative Mennonite Fellowship (Fairview, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/conservative_mennonite_fellowship_fairview_michigan_usa.