County Line Old Order Mennonite Church (Dalton, Ohio, USA)
The County Line Old Order (Wisler) Mennonite Church located near Dalton, Wayne County, Ohio, is a meeting place of a congregation belonging to the Ohio and Indiana Conference. The congregation also worshiped in the Chestnut Ridge Mennonite Church. The present church was built in 1891, when the Pleasant View Mennonite Church (with whom they alternated services) began to build a new building, on which project they could not agree.
In the spring of 1953 a group withdrew from the Chestnut Ridge-County Line congregation because the congregation refused to begin Sunday school, prayer meetings, and mission work. This withdrawing group then worshiped every Sunday at the Chestnut Ridge meetinghouse, while the continuing Chestnut Ridge-County Line Old Order (Wisler) congregation worshiped every Sunday at the County Line meetinghouse. The withdrawing group was received into the Virginia Mennonite Conference.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 725. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bauman, Harold. "County Line Old Order Mennonite Church (Dalton, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/county_line_old_order_mennonite_church_dalton_ohio.
APA style: Bauman, Harold. (1953). County Line Old Order Mennonite Church (Dalton, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/county_line_old_order_mennonite_church_dalton_ohio.