Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)
Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Keystone Mennonite Fellowship, formerly Mennonite Church), Juniata County, Pennsylvania, was initially a member of the Lancaster Conference. Bishop John Graybill's home was the place of worship for the Richfield community until 1854 when a large stone church was built near Richfield, but in Snyder County. In 1930 a new brick meetinghouse known as Cross Roads was erected in Juniata County. This church with the Lauver church had a joint membership of 165 in the early 1950s. W. W. Graybill and Donald Lauver were the bishops, with Menno B. Brubaker and J. Walter Graybill as ministers.
In 2007 the congregation was a member of the Keystone Mennonite Fellowship, which formally separated from the Lancaster Conference in 1999. It had 106 members; Orval C. Graybill and Timothy Lauver were ministers.
Address: Winey Road, Richfield, Pennsylvania
Denominational Affiliation: Keystone Mennonite Fellowship
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 742. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/cross_roads_mennonite_church_richfield.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1953). Cross Roads Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/cross_roads_mennonite_church_richfield.