Crown Hill Mennonite School (Rittman, Ohio, USA)
Crown Hill Mennonite School, Rittman, Ohio, was founded in September 1944, after the Crown Hill congregation had studied the possibilities in several meetings. The first term of school for grades one through eight was opened on 18 September 1944 with Alma Maust as teacher. During the 1946-47 term, 22 pupils were received from the Sonnenberg congregation, bringing the enrollment up to 52, of whom ten were taking first-year high-school work. With the opening of a school by the Sonnenberg congregation in the following year, the attendance dropped, ten being enrolled for 1952-53. The school closed within a year or two.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 743. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Hilty, Elmer O. "Crown Hill Mennonite School (Rittman, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/crown_hill_mennonite_school_rittman_ohio_usa.
APA style: Hilty, Elmer O. (1953). Crown Hill Mennonite School (Rittman, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/crown_hill_mennonite_school_rittman_ohio_usa.