Dohner Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA)
Dohner Mennonite Church (Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church, originally Mennonite Church), located near Annville on Cedar Run Road, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, was a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. Bishop Frederick Kauffman gave land for a meetinghouse in 1768 two miles north of Annville. In 1851 when friction developed with the United Brethren, Bishop Jacob Dohner moved a mile east and built a 24 x 36 ft. brick church. Membership and Sunday school enrollment in 1954 were 29 and 45 respectively. Simon Bücher was bishop and Robert Miller the preacher at that time. In the late 1960s Dohner was part of the group of congregations that formed the more conservative Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 80. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Dohner Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/dohner_mennonite_church_lebanon_pennsylvania_usa.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Dohner Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/dohner_mennonite_church_lebanon_pennsylvania_usa.