Dry River Union Church (Lily, Virginia, USA)
Dry River Union Church was located one mile (two kms) northwest of Lily, in Ashby District, Rockingham County, Virginia. It originally was sponsored by the Methodist Episcopal, German Baptist, and Mennonite Church denominations. After the old early-19th-century log building was destroyed by fire on 22 September 1912, the church was rebuilt the same year under the auspices of the United Brethren, Methodist, and Mennonite churches. The Mennonites held their last service here in the 1930s. In 1942 the trustees sold the building. Two unkept graveyards separated by the main highway are all that remain.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 105. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Brunk, Harry A. "Dry River Union Church (Lily, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/dry_river_union_church_lily_virginia_usa.
APA style: Brunk, Harry A. (1956). Dry River Union Church (Lily, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/dry_river_union_church_lily_virginia_usa.