East Africa Mennonite Mission
East Africa Mennonite Mission (Mennonite Church), formerly called Africa Mennonite Mission, in 1958 had 40 long-term workers, and six short-term workers, with a total African membership of 1,632. It was under the Eastern Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities.
Eshleman, Merle. Africa Answers. Scottdale, 1951.
Leatherman, Catharine. Ye Are God's Building: The Story of Twenty-Five Years in Tanganyika. Salunga, Pennsylvania, 1959.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1078. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "East Africa Mennonite Mission." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/east_africa_mennonite_mission.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). East Africa Mennonite Mission. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/east_africa_mennonite_mission.