Englewood Mennonite Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
Englewood Mennonite Church, located at: 832 West 68th Street, Chicago, Illinois, is made up of a majority of the congregation formerly known as the Mennonite Home Mission, established in 1893, and from 1955 to 1957 called the Union Avenue Mennonite Church. The congregation purchased a church in Englewood where they opened services in October 1957, with a charter membership of 60 which was established in 1958, with Laurence M. Horst as pastor. The main body of the church moved to Englewood, but some of the members remained at the Union Avenue church to help administrate the continuing and growing Sunday school, under the administration of Laurence Horst.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1079. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Englewood Mennonite Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/englewood_mennonite_church_chicago_illinois_usa.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Englewood Mennonite Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/englewood_mennonite_church_chicago_illinois_usa.