Erb Mennonite Church (Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA)
Erb Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) in the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, midway between Manheim and Lititz, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Previous to its organization about 1794, it was a part of the Rapho Township congregation. The first meetinghouse was built in 1794. At that time the minister and probably bishop of the congregation was Peter Lehman of Rapho Township. The 1955 membership was 243. The bishops were Henry E. Lutz and Homer D. Bomberger; ministers, Joseph A. Boll and Joseph W. Boll; deacon, Harold G. Holdeman. In 2008 the membership was 153; the pastor was Wesley D. Siegrist.
Address: 567 West Lexington Road, Lititz, Pennsylvania
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 241. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Nauman, Norman W. "Erb Mennonite Church (Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/erb_mennonite_church_lancaster_county_pennsylvania.
APA style: Nauman, Norman W. (1956). Erb Mennonite Church (Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/erb_mennonite_church_lancaster_county_pennsylvania.