Evangeliums Panier (Periodical)
Evangeliums Panier was the German issue of the Gospel Banner and was first published by the United Mennonite Church (later the United Missionary Church) at Goshen, Indiana, in January 1879 with Daniel Brenneman as editor, 1879-82. Succeeding editors were Timothy Brenneman, November 1882 to April 1885; Joseph Bingeman, April to October 1885; J. B. Detweiler, 1885-88; and H. S. Hallman, 1888-95(?).
After a year as an 8-page monthly publication, 10 ½ x 13 ½ in., it was enlarged to a semimonthly, 10 ½ x 15 ½ in., in January 1880, and further increased in 1885 to 16 pages, 8 3/4 x 11 ½ in. In 1880 the publishing of the paper was transferred from Indiana to Berlin (now Kitchener), Ontario. In 1893, however, with the decline of the use of the German language in the church, it was reduced to eight pages, and was finally discontinued in 1895(?).
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 273-274. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Storms, Everek R. "Evangeliums Panier (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/evangeliums_panier_periodical.
APA style: Storms, Everek R. (1956). Evangeliums Panier (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/evangeliums_panier_periodical.