Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)
The Fairview Mennonite Church (formerly Fairview Conservative Amish Mennonite) was originally a part of the Upper Deer Creek-Fairview congregation, located four miles (6.5 km) north and two miles (3.3 km) east of Kalona, Iowa. To serve members living in this area a meetinghouse 42 x 60 ft. was built in 1936. Ministers who served this congregation included Elmer G. Swartzendruber, bishop; Albert S. Miller, Jacob J. Miller, and Morris Swartzendruber, ministers; and Noah S. Miller, deacon. The 1954 membership of the congregation was 470.
In 2008 the membership was 179; the pastor was John Hershberger.
See also Upper Deer Creek.
Address: 5710 Highway 1 SW, Kalona, Iowa
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 290. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Swartzendruber, Elmer G. "Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairview_mennonite_church_kalona_iowa_usa.
APA style: Swartzendruber, Elmer G. (2008). Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairview_mennonite_church_kalona_iowa_usa.