Fairview Mennonite Home (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada)
Fairview Mennonite Home, Cambridge, Ontario, a home for the aged, originally owned and operated by the Mennonite (MC) Conference of Ontario, was dedicated on 10 February 1956, with John A. Cressman as superintendent. It had a capacity of 92 beds, 75 for guests and 17 for staff. A bed-patient wing provided facilities to care for 20 chronically ill or convalescent patients. It was the successor to the former Braeside Home at Preston. The facility is now operated by an independent association made up of delegates from local Mennonite congregations.
In 1956 cottages for retired folks were built on Lang’s Drive. Apartments and a Senior's Centre was added in 1978. The Preston School Apartments on Duke Street became part of Fairview in 1981. In 1999 a new 84 bed long term care home was built.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 290. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner. "Fairview Mennonite Home (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairview_mennonite_home_cambridge_ontario_canada.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner. (2008). Fairview Mennonite Home (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairview_mennonite_home_cambridge_ontario_canada.