Fairview (Michigan, USA)
Fairview, Michigan, is an unincorporated village (1955 pop. ca. 150) in Oscoda County, in the north central part of the state. The village is the center of a farming area, largely surrounded by forests, settled by Mennonites in 1900-1912. The Mennonite congregation (MC) of over 400 persons is the only church body located near Fairview. A small General Conference Mennonite congregation is located at Comins, a village five miles north of Fairview. Despite the handicaps of geographic isolation, poor soil, and a rigorous climate, the community developed into one of the strongest congregations of the Indiana-Michigan Conference District.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 289. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Kauffman, J. Howard. "Fairview (Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairview_michigan_usa.
APA style: Kauffman, J. Howard. (1956). Fairview (Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairview_michigan_usa.