Felger Hutterite Colony (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada)
The Felger Hutterite Bruderhof of 25 souls in 1951 near Lethbridge, Alberta, was founded in 1928. In the 1980s a dispute arose over entitlement and valuation of shares in a corporate farm in Alberta. This corporate farm, now valued at $5,700,000, had at one time been the Felger Hutterite colony. The Felger colony established the Pincher Creek Colony. Those who remained at Felger gradually rejected their religious heritage. At some stage in the 1940s the colony was excommunicated from the Hutterian Brethren Church.
Esau, Alvin J. "Hutterite Litigation." 1997. http://www.umanitoba.ca/Law/Courses/esau/litigation/huttlitigationweb.htm. (Accessed 13 October 2008).
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 321. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Decker, David and Sam Steiner. "Felger Hutterite Colony (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/felger_hutterite_colony_lethbridge_alberta_canada.
APA style: Decker, David and Sam Steiner. (2008). Felger Hutterite Colony (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/felger_hutterite_colony_lethbridge_alberta_canada.