Finland Mennonite Church (Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Finland Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Milford Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, is the result of mission effort of nearby congregations. Visitation and cottage meetings held in the community finally led to the organization of a Sunday school on 17 May 1931, and the monthly church services beginning on 1 November 1931. Claude Shisler served as mission superintendent from 12 March 1933 to 22 November 1938, when he was ordained as pastor of the growing congregation. The mission was first housed in a store building in the village of Finland. The building standing in the mid-1950s was erected in 1939. The congregation was organized in 1940. The membership in 1953 was 101; in 2008 the membership was 144.
Address: 1685 Upper Ridge Road, Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
Website: Finland Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 330. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Leatherman, Quintus. "Finland Mennonite Church (Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 26 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/finland_mennonite_church_pennsburg_pennsylvania.
APA style: Leatherman, Quintus. (1956). Finland Mennonite Church (Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/finland_mennonite_church_pennsburg_pennsylvania.