Floodwood Bible Chapel (Floodwood, Minnesota, USA)
Floodwood Bible Chapel (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference), located in the town of Floodwood about 60 miles west of Duluth, Minnesota, was organized in 1934 at Meadowlands, 10 miles northeast of Floodwood, with 24 charter members under the leadership of C. H. Funk, who was their first pastor. They met for worship in an old store building until 1939, when they rented the Methodist church in Floodwood, a frame structure 22 x 40 ft. In 1945 with the help of the conference they purchased the church and also the parsonage about 3/4 blocks from the church. The membership in 1953 was 34 and the average attendance was 61. The following served as pastors: C. H. Funk, Ferdinand Thiessen, Gustave Schroeder, E. E. Peters, and A. F. Lutke, the pastor in 1953.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 341. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Dick, H. H. "Floodwood Bible Chapel (Floodwood, Minnesota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/floodwood_bible_chapel_floodwood_minnesota_usa.
APA style: Dick, H. H. (1956). Floodwood Bible Chapel (Floodwood, Minnesota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/floodwood_bible_chapel_floodwood_minnesota_usa.