Good, Andrew (1838-1918)
Andrew Good, elder and missionary of the Brethren in Christ Church and the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church, was born 6 February 1838 in Fairfield County, Ohio, the son of Samuel and Catherine Good. He taught school several years; musically gifted, he also taught singing school. He married Dinah Hendricks on 4 October 1866. Converted at the age of 20, he entered the ministry of the Brethren in Christ Church in 1870, and transferred to the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church in 1885, continuing his ministry. Though most of his ministerial life was devoted to home missions and evangelistic work, he served as presiding elder in the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church for three years, and pastor for one year. Having lived for a few years in Illinois, the Good family located at New Carlisle, Ohio, in 1882. Their children wre Jenny Florence (Mrs. W. J. Huffman), Mary Catherine (Mrs. McHessel), John Wesley, Joseph Hendricks, Lloyd Andrew, and Bertha Elizabeth (Mrs. John Koch). He died at New Carlisle on 3 October 1918.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 540. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Huffman, J. A. "Good, Andrew (1838-1918)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/good_andrew_1838_1918.
APA style: Huffman, J. A. (1956). Good, Andrew (1838-1918). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/good_andrew_1838_1918.