Goodville Mennonite Church (Goodville, Pennsylvania, USA)
Goodville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) was organized in 1900 by a number of retired Mennonite farmers as a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. It is located in the strong Weaverland district of the beautiful fertile Weaverland Valley on Route 23. The first meetinghouse was greatly enlarged in 1924. In 1953 the total church membership was 113 with A. G. Martin as minister and J. Paul Graybill as bishop. An outstation summer Bible school was held at Bender's Church near Bangor in 1952.
In 2008 the membership was 96; Bruce L. Sauder was the pastor.
1556 Main Street
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 541-542. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Goodville Mennonite Church (Goodville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/goodville_mennonite_church_goodville_pennsylvania.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Goodville Mennonite Church (Goodville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/goodville_mennonite_church_goodville_pennsylvania.