Gospel Bookstore (Goshen, Indiana, USA)
Gospel Bookstore, 119 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, Indiana, a branch bookstore of the Mennonite Publishing House (Mennonite Church) of Scottdale, Pennsylvania, was established in 1942. Managers into the 1950s were Joe Garber 1942-1946, Russell Krabill 1946-19955, Marion Lehman 1955-
In 1963 the name of the store changed to Provident Bookstore (along with other Mennonite Publishing House-owned bookstores). The store was sold to Christian Light Stores, a division of Brethren in Christ Media Ministries, in October 2005.
"Provident bookstores in Goshen and Berne sold." Mennonite Church USA. Accessed 11 April 2008. <http://www.mennoniteusa.org/news/news/oct-dec05/10_20_05.htm#5>
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 550. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner. "Gospel Bookstore (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2008. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gospel_bookstore_goshen_indiana_usa.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner. (April 2008). Gospel Bookstore (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gospel_bookstore_goshen_indiana_usa.