Gospel Witness Company (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Gospel Witness Company was organized in 1905 by Jacob S. Loucks, Aaron Loucks, and A. D. Martin at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, in order to publish a weekly religious periodical, the Gospel Witness (1905-1908). At first the business of the company was carried on in the home of Aaron Loucks. Soon a two-story frame building, 30 x 70 ft., was constructed, and two years later an additional three-story brick building 40 x 70 ft. When the Gospel Witness was merged in 1908 with the Herald of Truth to form the Gospel Herald, the assets of the Gospel Witness Company were sold to the Mennonite Publication Board, and the company was dissolved.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 551. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Erb, Paul. "Gospel Witness Company (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gospel_witness_company_scottdale_pennsylvania_usa.
APA style: Erb, Paul. (1956). Gospel Witness Company (Scottdale, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gospel_witness_company_scottdale_pennsylvania_usa.