Gospel Witness (Periodical)
Gospel Witness (1905-1908) was a weekly (Mennonite Church) journal published at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, by the Gospel Witness Publishing Co. for three years beginning with 4 April 1905, after which it was merged with the Herald of Truth published by John F. Funk at Elkhart, Indiana, to form the Gospel Herald. First published in 8 pages, 11 x 16 in., it was enlarged to 12 pages, 9.25 x 12 in., on 2 November 1905, and increased to 16 pages with the second volume. Daniel Kauffman, the editor, became the editor of the merged journal. The paper was established because of widespread dissatisfaction with the Herald of Truth, and financed largely by the Loucks family, in which Aaron Loucks was a, leading figure.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 551. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Gospel Witness (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gospel_witness_periodical.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1956). Gospel Witness (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gospel_witness_periodical.