Grace Community Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
Grace Community Church (formerly Grace Mennonite Church) (Mennonite Church USA), located at 4221 South Rockwell St. (now 4155 S. Rockwell St.), Chicago, Illinois, began in 1917 as the Mennonite Bible Mission, under A. F. Wiens. In 1937, when Wiens died, John T. Neufeld became the leader. In 1940 the Home Mission Board began to help in the support of this work, and the church joined the Middle District Conference. The work is among people of many nationalities, mostly of Central European background. In 1955 the membership was 68, with John T. Neufeld still serving as pastor. A number of its members have served in foreign mission work. In 2007 the membership was 21.
Address: 4155 S Rockwell Street, Chicago, Illinois
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 560. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Neufeld, John T. "Grace Community Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/grace_community_church_chicago_illinois_usa.
APA style: Neufeld, John T. (1956). Grace Community Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/grace_community_church_chicago_illinois_usa.