Gracevale Hutterite Colony (Winfred, South Dakota, USA)
The Gracevale Hutterite Bruderhof of the Schmiedeleut branch, established in 1948 near Winfred, Lake County, South Dakota, with ten families from Tschetter Bruderhof. Sam Wipf was chosen to the ministry here in 1950 and ordained in 1957. The colony had a population of 71 in 1950 and 104 souls with 30 baptized members in 1958.
Roland Hutterite Colony in White, South Dakota, is a daughter colony.
In 2012 Gracevale Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 2 colony. The minister was Samuel Hofer and the manager was Paul Hofer.
Location: Winfred, South Dakota (coordinates: 43.929, -97.2874 [45˚ 55′ 44″ N, 97˚ 17′ 14″ W]); located 9.2 km. (5.7 miles) south-west of Junius, South Dakota and 9.7 km. (6 miles) south-east of Winfred, South Dakota.
Address: 23843 446th Ave., Winfred, SD 57076
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 561; vol. 4, p. 1088. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin, David Decker and Bert Friesen. "Gracevale Hutterite Colony (Winfred, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gracevale_hutterite_colony_winfred_south_dakota.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin, David Decker and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Gracevale Hutterite Colony (Winfred, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gracevale_hutterite_colony_winfred_south_dakota.