Greenfield Mennonite Church (Carnegie, Oklahoma, USA)
The Greenfield Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), 13 miles (20 km) southeast of Carnegie, Oklahoma, was founded 31 January 1914, when a meetinghouse was built, the group having been served for 12 years previously by ministers from the Gotebo congregation. A. W. Froese, the first resident pastor, began his service 15 February 1915. In 1926 the membership was 67 with Froese still serving; in 1955 it was 89 with J. B. Krause as pastor. After 1969 the congregation has not had a pastor; its membership of 23 (2007) was composed of 10 family groups. The families shared responsibility for worship services. The congregation belongs to the Western District Conference.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: II, 192.
Meeting Place Directions: 6 mi S, 5 mi E, 2 mi S of Carnegie, Oklahoma
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 575-576. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Nightingale, De Lyon. "Greenfield Mennonite Church (Carnegie, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/greenfield_mennonite_church_carnegie_oklahoma_usa.
APA style: Nightingale, De Lyon. (1956). Greenfield Mennonite Church (Carnegie, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/greenfield_mennonite_church_carnegie_oklahoma_usa.