Hartland Christian Association
Hartland Christian Association was organized in October 1945 by members of the Mennonite Brethren (MB) and Krimmer Mennonite Brethren churches in the Reedley, California, area, to own and operate a church camp. In 1946 it purchased 160 acres, (64.8 ha.) in Tulare County, California, about 10 miles, (16 km.), east of Badger, near the village of Hartland, at an elevation of 4,500 ft. (1375 m.). Retreats for the youth of the churches had been held since 1940. These were now held at Hartland Camp, and a full range of camp activities for all ages was added. The MB Camping Committee provides the programs.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1090. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Hartland Christian Association." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hartland_christian_association.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Hartland Christian Association. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hartland_christian_association.