Harvey Mennonite Brethren Church (Harvey, North Dakota, USA)
Harvey Mennonite Brethren Church, located 11 miles southwest of Harvey, North Dakota, is a member of the Central District Conference. This church was organized in 1898 with 13 members. Christian Reimche, the first pastor, served the church for about 30 years. The first church was built in 1900. This was enlarged in 1918 and again in 1943. Later on a new church was constructed in Harvey and in the 1950s services were conducted in both places with a joint service each month. Other ministers who have served this church are Peter Wiens, Dr. L. J. Seibel, H. H. Hiebert, G. Warkentin, and Loyal Funk. The deacons J. C. Seibel and Jacob Zweigle served the church for 32 years and H. H. Delk and Dan Bich since 1929. Robert Seibel, ordained to the ministry in this church, served as an Mennonite Central Committee worker in Brazil in 1947-49. In 1954 the membership was 210 and consisted mostly of rural people.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 673. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Dick, A. A. "Harvey Mennonite Brethren Church (Harvey, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/harvey_mennonite_brethren_church_harvey_north_dakota_usa.
APA style: Dick, A. A. (1956). Harvey Mennonite Brethren Church (Harvey, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/harvey_mennonite_brethren_church_harvey_north_dakota_usa.