Henderson Bible School (Henderson, Nebraska, USA)
Henderson (Nebraska) Bible School began in 1902 as a secondary school, called the "Fortbildungsschule." The course of study was modeled after a school in Hillsboro, Kansas, conducted by H. D. Penner. The Henderson school was built and supported by the Bethesda Mennonite (General Conference Mennonite) church of Henderson. The highest enrollment, 69, was in the beginning when two divisions were offered. When the public school began to offer a full high-school course, ca. 1911, the attendance at the church school declined. About 1924 a change was made in its curriculum, instruction being limited to Bible subjects, and the name was changed to "Bible School." This school was discontinued in 1952.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 697. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, H. D. "Henderson Bible School (Henderson, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/henderson_bible_school_henderson_nebraska_usa.
APA style: Epp, H. D. (1956). Henderson Bible School (Henderson, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/henderson_bible_school_henderson_nebraska_usa.