Herald Bookstore (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)
Herald Bookstore, 220 Main St., Souderton, Pennsylvania, a branch bookstore of the Mennonite Publishing House at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, was established in 1935; managers were Silas Graybill 1935-1950 and Claude Shisler 1950-.
In 1963 the name of the store changed to Provident Bookstore (along with other Mennonite Publishing House-owned bookstores). For many years the store was located at 773 Route 113, part of a Mennonite-owned shopping plaza. The store was sold to Berean Christian Stores in September 2006.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 707. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner`. "Herald Bookstore (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2008. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/herald_bookstore_souderton_pennsylvania_usa.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner`. (November 2008). Herald Bookstore (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/herald_bookstore_souderton_pennsylvania_usa.