Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901) (Periodical)
Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901), the German edition of Herald of Truth, was published by John F. Funk at Elkhart, Indiana (first in Chicago, Illinois, 1864-1867) as an 8-page 10.5 x 15.5 inch monthly (first 3 issues January-March only 4 pages) 1864-1866, then 16 pages at 9 x 11.5 inches until 1878, then 20 pages, then from January 1882 a semimonthly with 16 pages, in 1896 again a 16-page monthly, but on 15 April 1899, an 8-page semimonthly until its last issue 1 November 1901, when it was merged with the Mennonitische Rundschau. Editors were as follows: J. F. Funk, 1864-1898; G. G. Wiens, 1898-1901; A. B. Kolb, assistant editor 1888-1901; John Horsch, second assistant editor 1891-1895. Much of the material published consisted of translations from the Herald of Truth, but there were also original German articles, especially when Horsch was serving on the staff.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 711. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901) (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/herold_der_wahrheit_1864_1901_periodical.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1956). Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901) (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/herold_der_wahrheit_1864_1901_periodical.