Herold der Wahrheit (1912- ) (Periodical)
Herold der Wahrheit (1912- ) is a 32-page 6.25 x 9.5-inch semimonthly periodical "published in the interest of the Amish Mennonite Churches known as the Old Order Amish and the Conservative Amish Mennonites," by the Publication Board of the Amish Mennonite Publishing Association, printed at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, by the Mennonite Publishing House from 1 January 1912, the first issue, until 15 June 1956, and at Kalona, Iowa, since 1 July 1956. The periodical has always carried an approximately equal division of German and English material. The English editors until 1955 were Jonas B. Miller 1912-1948 and his son Evan J. Miller 1949-1955. With the issue of 1 February 1955, the Conservative Church dropped out and henceforth the periodical was solely Old Order Amish, with Ervin N. Hershberger as English editor. German editors have been S. D. Guengerich 1912-1929, L. A. Miller 15 March 1929-1 November 1951, and Raymond Wagler 15 November 1951- . On 1 September 1954, the size was reduced to 16 pages.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 711. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Herold der Wahrheit (1912- ) (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/herold_der_wahrheit_1912_periodical.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1956). Herold der Wahrheit (1912- ) (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/herold_der_wahrheit_1912_periodical.