Heubude (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)
|Heubude (now part of Gdańsk, Poland)
Source: Wikipedia Commons
Heubude (also known as Heibudy, Hejbudy, Heybude, Heibuden, and Sianki; now known as Stogi; coordinates: 54.3617, 18.7076 [54° 21′ 42″ N, 18° 42′ 27″ E]; population in 1905, 2,921; in 2011, 12,128) is one of the quarters of Gdańsk, located in the eastern part of the city.
Until 1793 Heubude was part of Danzig in Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The Second Partition of Poland in 1793 added Danzig and its surrounding territory to the province of West Prussia. Heubude was situated in the district (Kreis) of Danzig from 1818 until 1887, when it became part of the district of Danziger Niederung. The village became part of the Free City of Danzig from 1920 until the outbreak of World War II in 1939, when it came under the control of Nazi Germany. In February 1945 it was occupied by Soviet forces and eventually returned to Poland.
In 1820 Heubude had one Mennonite resident out of a population of 561.
Mennonites who were residents of Heubude were members of the Bärwalde Mennonite Church.
Wikipedia. "Stogi (Gdańsk)." Web. 27 January 2013. http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stogi_(Gdańsk).
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 27 January 2013. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=2508.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Thiessen, Richard D. "Heubude (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2013. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/heubude_pomeranian_voivodeship_poland.
APA style: Thiessen, Richard D. (January 2013). Heubude (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/heubude_pomeranian_voivodeship_poland.