Highland Bethel Church (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)
Highland Bethel Church (formerly Highland Bethel Mennonite Church), Fort Wayne, Indiana, is a member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (formerly Evangelical Mennonite Conference). In 1937 a Sunday school was started in a new addition of the city and several months later an auditorium was erected. The first regular service was held in it on 19 December 1937. The church was organized on 19 November 1944 with 21 charter members. By 1948 the membership had increased to 35. Pastors who served the congregation in its first years are Milo Rediger, Paul Rupp, and M. L. Klopfenstein.
Address: 3800 North Clinton Avenue, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Website: Highland Bethel Church
Denominational Affiliation: Fellowship of Evangelical Churches
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 740. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Klopfenstein, M. L. "Highland Bethel Church (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/highland_bethel_church_fort_wayne_indiana_usa.
APA style: Klopfenstein, M. L. (1956). Highland Bethel Church (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/highland_bethel_church_fort_wayne_indiana_usa.