Highland Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (DeRidder, Louisiana, USA)
The Highland Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, Church, organized in 1937, is located eight miles (13 km) south of DeRidder, Beauregard Parish, Louisiana. The church had a membership of 105 and a Sunday-school enrolment of 140 in 1955. Weekly Sunday-school and worship services are held. P. W. Decker was the minister in charge in 1955, assisted by Chester Johnson.
Originally the congregation held its worship services in the Broadlands' Community House; F. D. Fricke was the first pastor. In 1949 the Highland Mennonite Church was constructed on Highway 171. New worship facilities were constructed in 1972. Due to growth, in 2002 the Magnolia Mennonite Church was completed east of DeRidder in 2002, five miles east of Hwy 171 on Highway 26.
Smith, Velmer Lenora. "Mennonites of Beauregard Parish." 2003. http://www.beau.org/~velmer/local/men.html (accessed 11 October 2008).
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 740. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Smith, Albert and Sam Steiner. "Highland Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (DeRidder, Louisiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/highland_church_of_god_in_christ_mennonite.
APA style: Smith, Albert and Sam Steiner. (2008). Highland Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (DeRidder, Louisiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/highland_church_of_god_in_christ_mennonite.