Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA)
Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), initially a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, is located on the Lakes-to-Seas Highway, near Ephrata, Pennsylvania, where there had been a union church since 1851. The Mennonites had a few services in it at different times but not until the Groffdale-New Holland circuit in 1943 took charge did things really move. Under Mahlon Witmer, bishop, Warren S. Good, minister, and Harry S. Good, deacon, a thriving work started. A new church was built in 1952. The membership in 1955 was 110. In 2008 the membership was 400; the pastor was Glenn E. Sauder. The congregation withdrew from the Lancaster Mennonite Conference in 2009-10.
Address: 2031 Division Highway, Ephrata, Pennsylvania (Route 322)
Website: Hinkletown Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 745. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hinkletown_mennonite_church_ephrata_pennsylvania.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hinkletown_mennonite_church_ephrata_pennsylvania.