Hopewell Mennonite Church (Hubbard, Oregon, USA)
Hopewell Mennonite Church, located near Hubbard, Marion County, Oregon, formerly a member of the Pacific Coast Conference, was organized in the fall of 1899 by George R. Brunk, a minister of the Kansas-Nebraska Conference. J. D. Mishler, then of Eugene, Oregon, was the first bishop. The membership in 1953 was 56. The meetinghouse at the time, the second built on the same site, was a frame structure with a seating capacity of 200. Ministers serving this congregation in 1954 were N. L. Hershberger, James Bucher, and Jacob Roth; O. W. King was the deacon.
The congregation withdrew from the Pacific District Conference in 1967 and has been independent since then. Its membership in 2008 was 80; Jake Kropf was the bishop.
Address: 14527 Whiskey Hill Road NE, Hubbard, Oregon
Website: Hopewell Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 810. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: King, O. W. "Hopewell Mennonite Church (Hubbard, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hopewell_mennonite_church_hubbard_oregon_usa.
APA style: King, O. W. (1956). Hopewell Mennonite Church (Hubbard, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/hopewell_mennonite_church_hubbard_oregon_usa.