Jansen Bible Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)
Jansen Bible Church (formerly Jansen Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church) is a congregation of 73 members (1954) belonging to the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (formerly Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference of North America). It began in 1879, with the first services in the homes of the members. The first pastor was John Fast, the minister serving the longest was B. O. Kroeker; the 1956 minister was Paul F. Goossen. A church built in 1891 on the northwest corner of Jansen was destroyed by a tornado in 1929, and was replaced by a new building on the north edge of Jansen. This is the only Mennonite congregation in the area. The pastor in 2008 was Paul Carpenter.
Address: 57309 715th Road, Jansen, Nebraska 68377
Website: Jansen Bible Church
Denominational Affiliation: Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 91. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Reimer, Elmer. "Jansen Bible Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/jansen_bible_church_jansen_nebraska_usa.
APA style: Reimer, Elmer. (1957). Jansen Bible Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/jansen_bible_church_jansen_nebraska_usa.