Kalona Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)
Kalona Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), Kalona, Iowa, was organized in July 1958. Two years earlier the Baptist church building, then vacated, was rented to the East Union Mennonite Church for a year and services were begun as a branch of the mother congregation which was becoming somewhat crowded. It was served by the East Union ministers for several years, but is now an organized congregation in the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference. The charter membership was 130, with Eugene Garber as licensed minister.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1099. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Schwartzendruber, A. Lloyd. "Kalona Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/kalona_mennonite_church_kalona_iowa_usa.
APA style: Schwartzendruber, A. Lloyd. (1959). Kalona Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/kalona_mennonite_church_kalona_iowa_usa.