Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Publishing House (USA)
The Krimmer Mennonite Brethren (K.M.B.) Publishing House was located in Chicago, Illinois, for a period of time, At their annual session in 1914 the K.M.B. Conference elected a committee and authorized it to proceed in establishing a conference paper and if possible a publishing house to be owned and operated by the Conference. D. M. Hofer and J. W. Tschetter provided the necessary funds for the purchase of a building at 2812 Lincoln Ave., Chicago,and the needed printing equipment, on the condition that a city mission could be conducted in a part of the building housing the publishing activities. The first issue of the K.M.B. Conference paper Der Wahrheitsfreund appeared on 28 July 1915. It was discontinued in 1947 after the Christian Witness had become the official Conference paper. Meanwhile the printing equipment was sold to John H. Klassen and moved to Inman, Kansas, where he continued to print for the K.M.B. Conference for several years.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 245. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Harder, Menno S. "Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Publishing House (USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/krimmer_mennonite_brethren_publishing_house_usa.
APA style: Harder, Menno S. (1957). Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Publishing House (USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/krimmer_mennonite_brethren_publishing_house_usa.