Lansdale Mennonite Church (Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA)
Lansdale Mennonite Church (Unaffiliated Mennonite), in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, was established as a mission in 1935. It was under the direction of the Franconia Mennonite Conference Board of Missions and Charities until 1951, when it became a church. In 1954 it had a membership of 60, with Jacob Rittenhouse as pastor.
In the early 1970s the congregation withdrew from the conference, and continued as an unaffiliated Mennonite Church. In 2007 it had 49 members; Larry D. Bergey served as Bishop.
520 York Avenue
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 292. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. "Lansdale Mennonite Church (Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2008. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lansdale_mennonite_church_lansdale_pennsylvania.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. (February 2008). Lansdale Mennonite Church (Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lansdale_mennonite_church_lansdale_pennsylvania.