Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Lauver Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), is located between Richfield and Cocolamus in Juniata County, Pennsylvania. The first church was built in 1867 on the farm of Jacob Lauver. This brick building served the congregation until 1928, when a larger brick church replaced it along the improved highway. The congregation is a part of the Juniata-Snyder Bishop District of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. In 1956 Boyd Kauffman and Jacob G. Bnubaker were ministers. The membership for Cross Roads-Lauver in 1956 was 153. In 2006 the membership was 56; John W. Gehman served as pastor.
Meeting Place Directions: 1 mile ( 2 km) south of Evensdale on Route 35
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 299-300. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lauver_mennonite_church_richfield_pennsylvania_usa.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1957). Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lauver_mennonite_church_richfield_pennsylvania_usa.