Lepp, Eduard Hermann (1850-1926)
Eduard Hermann Lepp, a merchant and chairman of the Danzig Mennonite Church, was born 26 June 1850 at Tiegenhof in the Danzig Werder, and served from 1894 until his death as a member of the church board and as treasurer of the mother deaconess house and the Augusta Victoria foundation, and was also a city councilman and president of the Danzig merchants' association. He worked long for the welfare of his church, cooperating with his friend H. G. Mannhardt. On 8 December 1926 he died.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: II: 641.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 327. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Woelke, O. "Lepp, Eduard Hermann (1850-1926)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lepp_eduard_hermann_1850_1926.
APA style: Woelke, O. (1957). Lepp, Eduard Hermann (1850-1926). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/lepp_eduard_hermann_1850_1926.