Liberty Christian Fellowship (Concord, Michigan, USA)
Liberty Christian Church (formerly Liberty Mennonite Church) is located in Liberty Mills, 11 miles (18 km) south of Jackson, Michigan, on Route 127. The meetinghouse is a former Methodist church built in 1867 with a seating capacity of about 150. It was closed in 1936, but was opened in 1946 under the direction of the Indiana-Michigan Mission Board. The congregation was organized in March 1950 with 13 charter members under the leadership of T. E. Schrock, bishop, and Oscar Leinbach, minister. In 1956 the membership was 21, mostly rural. In 2004 the membership was 22; David McClintic served as pastor.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 334. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Leinbach, Oscar. "Liberty Christian Fellowship (Concord, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/liberty_christian_fellowship_concord_michigan_usa.
APA style: Leinbach, Oscar. (1957). Liberty Christian Fellowship (Concord, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/liberty_christian_fellowship_concord_michigan_usa.