Ligny (Meuse, Lorraine, France)
Ligny (Meuse) is the name of a French Mennonite congregation in the general area of the Departement of the Meuse, before 1933 called Vaucouleurs, and appearing in the Gemeinde-Kalender beginning with 1951 as Meuse (Ligny). In the 1941 Gemeinde-Kalender it was still called Ligny; no issues of the Gemeinde-Kalender appeared 1942-1950. The Gemeinde-Kalender notes in 1933-1941 that it was not a member of the French conference. The membership is listed as follows: ca. 75 souls in 1926, 50 souls in 1933, ca. 40 souls in 1951, and ca. 70 souls in 1955. Elders were J. Kennel, 1927-1935, P. Kennel, 1938-1955.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 344. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Ligny (Meuse, Lorraine, France)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/ligny_meuse_lorraine_france.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1957). Ligny (Meuse, Lorraine, France). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/ligny_meuse_lorraine_france.