Line Lexington Mennonite Church (Line Lexington, Pennsylvania, USA)
|Line Lexington Mennonite Church, 1907.
Photo from postcard by Zeigler, Souderton, Pennsylvania.
The Line Lexington Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at Line Lexington, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, in the Delaware Valley, 25 miles (40 km) north of Philadelphia, is a member of the Franconia Mennonite Conference and dates back to colonial times. There is a record of land purchased by four trustees in 1752, with a log meetinghouse as the first church building. The first known minister and bishop was David Ruth, 1796. The church was incorporated in 1836-1837. It has gradually changed from a rural to an urban status. The membership in 1956 was 194; the bishop was Arthur D. Ruth, and Claude B. Meyers and Merle R. Ruth the ministers. The membership in 2010 was 264; the senior pastor was Lowell H. Delp.
Address: 80 Hilltown Pike, PO Box 217, Line Lexington PA 18932-9612
Line Lexington Mennonite Church website
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 330. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Ruth, Arthur D. "Line Lexington Mennonite Church (Line Lexington, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/line_lexington_mennonite_church_line_lexington.
APA style: Ruth, Arthur D. (1957). Line Lexington Mennonite Church (Line Lexington, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/line_lexington_mennonite_church_line_lexington.