Milltown Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada)
The Milltown Hutterite Colony was founded in 1918 in Elie, Manitoba, as a relocation of the Milltown, South Dakota colony.
Daughter colonies of Milltown Hutterite Colony include: Blumengart Hutterite Colony (Plum Coulee, Manitoba); Glenway Hutterite Colony (Dominion City, Manitoba); Millerdale Hutterite Colony (Miller, South Dakota); Norquay Hutterite Colony (Oakville, Manitoba); and Sunnyside Hutterite Colony (Newton Siding, Manitoba).
In 2012 the colony was a member of the Schmiedeleut Group 2. The minister of the colony was Dave Waldner and the manager of the colony was Joe Kleinsasser.
Location: Elie, Manitoba (coordinates: 49.960441, -97.737979 [49° 57′ 37″ N, 97° 44′ 16″ W]); located 39.7 kilometers (24.7 miles) east of Portage la Prairie and 43.2 km. (26.8 miles) north-west of Winnipeg.
Mailing Address: Box 250, Elie, Manitoba R0H OHO
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Friesen, Bert. "Milltown Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2013. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/milltown_hutterite_colony_manitoba_canada.
APA style: Friesen, Bert. (February 2013). Milltown Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/milltown_hutterite_colony_manitoba_canada.