Moorepark Mennonite Church (Three Rivers, Michigan, USA)
Moorepark Mennonite Church (MC) was established as an outpost of the Middlebury, Indiana, congregation (MC) in 1947. In 1955 the congregation became independent. The meetinghouse was purchased from a former Reformed congregation. At first the preaching was done by Wilbur Yoder, pastor of the sponsoring congregation, but in 1948 Etril Leinbach was ordained preacher; eight years later he became bishop. In 1958 the membership was 63, with Leinbach serving as pastor.
Address: 55701 Wilbur Road, Three Rivers MI 49093
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1110. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Wenger, J. C. "Moorepark Mennonite Church (Three Rivers, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/moorepark_mennonite_church_three_rivers_michigan_usa.
APA style: Wenger, J. C. (1959). Moorepark Mennonite Church (Three Rivers, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/moorepark_mennonite_church_three_rivers_michigan_usa.