Morris Run Mennonite Church (Blossburg, Pennsylvania, USA)
Morris Run Mennonite Church (MC) is located near Blossburg, Tioga County, Pennsylvania. The start of the work here was occasioned by a Mennonite hunting camp in Fall Brook. Mennonites often attended the Primitive Baptist Church in this rural town when in the community over Sunday, frequently bringing Mennonite preachers with them. At Wheelerville, near by, Grant Noll and others conducted a prosperous summer Bible school for a decade. Upon invitation the Itinerant Evangelism Committee of the Lancaster Conference started a work in the Primitive Baptist Meetinghouse in Fall Brook in 1954. Melvin L. Kauffman was licensed for the work, finally moving into the area and on 19 January 1958, was ordained as pastor. The membership in the late 1950s was 15.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1110. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Morris Run Mennonite Church (Blossburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/morris_run_mennonite_church_blossburg_pennsylvania_usa.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1959). Morris Run Mennonite Church (Blossburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/morris_run_mennonite_church_blossburg_pennsylvania_usa.