Nebraska Ansiedler, Der (Periodical)
Der Nebraska Ansiedler, a four-page monthly, published at Lincoln, Nebraska, 1878-1880, but printed at Elkhart, Indiana, as a supplement to the Herald of Truth of Elkhart, Indiana. It focused particularly in the interests of the Russian Mennonite settlers in Nebraska, but also for circulation among the Mennonite immigrants from Russia to other states. With the stated purpose of giving a Christian interpretation to news, it contained articles on crops, animal husbandry, school affairs, domestic and foreign news, market prices, and other features. It began in June 1878, and ran until April 1880. It was replaced by Die Mennonitische Rundschau.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 817. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Springer, Nelson P. "Nebraska Ansiedler, Der (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/nebraska_ansiedler_periodical.
APA style: Springer, Nelson P. (1957). Nebraska Ansiedler, Der (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/nebraska_ansiedler_periodical.