Old Colony Mennonite Church (Two Hills, Alberta, Canada)
The Old Colony Mennonite Church (Alt-Kolonie Mennonitengemeinde) in Two Hills, Alberta was started in 2000. It is located on Highway 45, 90 km. east of Edmonton. In its early years a service was held once a month in a community hall, and the congregation was served by ministers from Vauxhall and Aeltester Peter Wolf and Minister John Quiring from Hague, Saskatchewan. Old Colony Mennonites began arriving in the Two Hills area in 1999. By the end of 2000, 20-30 families had moved to the area, coming from Alberta as well as from Mexico.
In 2010 the church was led by Henry Wiebe and services were in both Low German and High German. The church had approximately 500 members.
Gutsche, Horst W. "Verzeichnis deutschsprachiger Gemeinden und Seelsorger in Kanada." March 2010. Web. 23 February 2012..
Wiebe, Herman. "Vauxhall Old Colony Mennonite Church" in Old Colony Mennonites in Canada 1875 to 2000, edited by Delbert F. Plett. Steinbach, MB: Crossway Publications, Inc., 2001: 162.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Thiessen, Richard D. "Old Colony Mennonite Church (Two Hills, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2012. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/old_colony_mennonite_church_two_hills_alberta_canada.
APA style: Thiessen, Richard D. (February 2012). Old Colony Mennonite Church (Two Hills, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/old_colony_mennonite_church_two_hills_alberta_canada.